Fredericksburg, Texas is known for peaches in July and a big scoop of homemade ice cream with local sweet peaches and cinnamon is the best! Garnish with fresh peaches and enjoy a perfect ending to a hot summer day.
- 4 cup(s) (about 3 pounds) peeled, diced fresh peaches
- 1 cup(s) peach nectar
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- Sliced fresh peaches, for garnish
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Process peach mixture, in batches, in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Set aside.
- Whisk together yolks and milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, 20 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats a spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat; whisk in peach mixture, half-and-half, lemon juice, and ground cinnamon. Cover and chill 4 hours.
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 6-quart electric ice-cream maker.